CARBURES counts with 3 business lines:
- Engineering and industrial consultancy with 4 knowledge areas:
- continuous progress
- technical education
- sustainable management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Recurrent and Non-recurrent Engineering
- Manufacture of the composite materials structures through the following technologies:
- HLU (Hand. Lay-Up): this manufacturing technique consists in pilling different layers of preimpregnated material
- RTM (Resin Transfer Moulding): With this process, a resin is mixed with a catalyst (hardener) and injected into a closed mould that contains dry fiber. A static mixer regulates the ratio of polyester resin to catalyst. The mixture is injected at a low pressure. The part is then released from the mould with the exact shape and dimensions.
- VARTM (Vacuum Assistant Transfer Molding): frequently, VARTM envolves laying a dry fiber preform onto a mould, then placing a permeable membrane on top of the preform and finally vaccum bagging the assembly. The resin flows in a combination of in-plane and through-thickness flow allowing rapid infusion times. It must be remark that VARTM simply means the application of vacuum at the exit vent of the molding tool. Therefore, VARTM it is also referred to the application of a vacuum at the exit when the fiber is located within a rigid matched mold set even if the resin is injected applying a pressure
- The development of the projects R&D in the transport sector and civil construction.
In the value chain of CARBURES the processes of R&D, Design and Calculation, Recurrent and Non-recurrent Engineering, Process Optimization, Manufacturing, are integrated. CARBURES has a team of engineers and highly qualified workers, specialized and compromised in the process concourse.