We have established our progression in a technological position that is in continuous evolution due to the involvement in the most prestigious national and international R+D+i projects .
The team of managers and engineers that leads the R&D+i department has a wide experience in Company Cooperation Projects in different sectors that favor the technological transfer and reaching the expected results.
The main R&D+i projects are:
- L0: RESEARCH OF NITROGEN ATMOSPHERE IN AUTOCLAVE:
L0: RESEARCH OF NITROGEN ATMOSPHERE IN AUTOCLAVE:
By researching explosive atmospheres in autoclaves, we have been able to reduce the N2 consume for inerting the autoclaves and increasing the air proportion, optimizing the manufacturing process costs.
- LU1: SUBSTITUTION OF STRUCTURAL CARBON FIBER PARTS IN THE MOTOR INDUSTRY:
LU1: SUBSTITUTION OF STRUCTURAL CARBON FIBER PARTS IN THE MOTOR INDUSTRY:
The research of carbonization of metallic structures in the motor industry brings as a result the knowledge development in manufacturing techniques for motor panels and structures, for both serial and racing cars.
It has allowed the diversity in the motor industry and working with F1 motor racing teams and GP2 as well as partners with luxury cars companies.
- RTM 1: RTM MANUFACTURING OF DOUBLE-T BEAMS:
RTM 1: RTM MANUFACTURING OF DOUBLE-T BEAMS:
The manufacturing by RTM of double-T Beams has revolutionized the world of construction and house restoration.
We offer a high competitive product with high mechanical properties, shear and corrosion strength.
- RTM 2: RTM MANUFACTURING OF PRECURED BEAMS:
RTM 2: RTM MANUFACTURING OF PRECURED BEAMS:
RTM Manufacturing of procured beams has placed us as experts in the manufacture of beams for the motor fan cowls, within the aeronautical sector.
Carbures at the moment is supplying beams for the A380 aircraft with RollsRoyce motors.
- RTM 3: SUBSTITUTION OF METALLIC PARTS IN NAVAL INDUSTRY:
RTM 3: SUBSTITUTION OF METALLIC PARTS IN NAVAL INDUSTRY:
This project brings as a result the manufacture by infusion of a 4 meters long boat hull.
We have reached the improvement of this technique and at the moment we are in position of manufacturing boat hulls of any size by using VARTM techniques and placing ourselves in the manufacturing of high range sport boats.
- RTM 4: MANUFACTURING OF CARBON FIBER WHEELCHAIR:
RTM 4: MANUFACTURING OF CARBON FIBER WHEELCHAIR:
The medical sector is still being a strategic field in our company. Therefore, this project has been developed by the team-work of R+D+i.
Its results are brilliant and today we can manufacture a wheelchair with a 3,5 Kg weight. This is something that has never been done before and it really makes life easier to those with disabilities.
- RTM5: RESEARCH AND DESIGN OF RTM AUTOMATION FOR IMPROVING SERIAL MANUFACTURING:
RTM5: RESEARCH AND DESIGN OF RTM AUTOMATION FOR IMPROVING SERIAL MANUFACTURING:
the process automation reached from the research made in this project, together with the Lean Manufacturing Techniques has allowed us to reduce the manufacturing costs, Lead Times, waste material, dead times and non-quality costs.
We finally managed to perform a serial manufacture followed by a programme industrialization in the composite parts. This would have been impossible with hand processes.
- PULICA PROJECT:
This project involves the composite manufacture, as the final goal, of a 20 meters long pedestrian bridge.
- Develop new low cost versatile molds and reverse-molds.
- Develop a single step infusion system that allows the simultaneous manufacture of reinforcements and structural parts.
- Optimize the manufacture process in order to control the resin percentage in the material.
- Research low temperature curing processes in order to decrease the energetic consumption during the manufacture.
- Avoid, as far as possible, an overweight of the parts generated by an excess of resin.
- Optimize the manufacture process for reducing the consumption of auxiliary material and reducing the consumption of resin.